ASObject is an AppleScript file which, when loaded as a script alias or script object into another applescript, provides a number of extra methods which otherwise AppleScript is incapable of performing. It is licensed under the Lesser GPL to ensure that AppleScript developers have the freedom to use ASObject in all of their projects, even if the end result is not open source.
Version 0.9 of ASObject contains the following updates:
- Added - Sys_Log method for sending messages to system log
- Added - Regex_Grep method for doing regex using grep
- Added - Regex_Sed method for doing regex using sed
- Added - Pop method for removing an item from a list
- Added - Ability to set date format in Get_Formatted_Date (including default)
- Updated - Parse_Arguments method now returns record with proper keys and values!
- Updated - Split_Every method now accepts string first and number of characters to split by second.
- Updated - check_for_update method now does not accept argstring
- Updated - check_for_update method puts downloads in ~/Downloads folder if it exists
- Fixed - Bug in Write_To_Log method when not rolling logs
- Fixed - trim method now catches tab characters too
- Renamed - Get_Record_Properties to Get_Record_Keys
- Removed - Read_Log_File method
- Removed - Open_Log_File method
- Removed - Keychain Methods
- Removed - SQL Lite Methods
- Removed - Auto install of ASObject
- Removed - Auto install portion of Check_For_Update method
- Optimized code
- Misc bug fixes
- NOTE: We are no longer pushing bug fixes back to older versions.
If you would like to utilize keychain scripting we ask that you use version 0.8.1 of ASObject and also download the ScriptingAdditions package. Since this package has been removed by Apple we are no longer going to support keychain scripting through AppleScript.